Cash grants for children (of parents suffering from Multiple Sclerosis) residing in Southern Oregon
The MSSP was founded in 1949 and is a statewide, independent, non-profit agency that provides direct care and support services to those affected by Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
Sheila D. Converse Living Estate:
At age 18, during her first year of college, Ms. Converse was diagnosed with MS. She steadily worsened until at the age of 45 when she died in Ashland, Oregon. Ms. Converse left behind a bequest (Sheila’s Gift) which designated that funds were to be used to improve the quality of lives of children living in Southern Oregon diagnosed and/or affected by Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
Who Can Apply (on behalf of the child):
- Parents residing in Southern Oregon
- Elementary/middle/high school teachers/counselors/coaches & administrators
- Churches, Case Managers
- Social service organizations (YMCA/YWCA) and/or
- Doctor’s offices
What Activities/Projects and/or Purchases Are Allowable?
- School activities (for example: sports/camp/art fees)
- School or sporting uniforms/equipment
What Activities/Projects and/or Purchases Are NOT Allowable?
- Household expenses
How to Apply:
- Print out, Click Here - Note: This is a PDF form that can be filled in before printing!
- Complete application
- Enclose verification of either parent or child’s MS diagnosis
- Enclose verification of residence (utility bill)
Application Deadline: September 30, 2013
Mail To: MSSP, 2901 SE 122nd Ave. Portland, OR 97236
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
For more information call 503 297-9544 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org